Coordinator, NYRR Striders (Part-time)
The NYRR Striders Part-time Coordinator’s core responsibility will be to develop, coordinate, perform various administrative functions and to assist with the day-to-day operations of NYRR Striders programs. This position will work closely and reports to the Assistant Manager of NYRR Striders as well as 15 part-time Striders coaches.
- Manage program documents and records
- Research senior centers to identify viable locations for new possible NYRR Striders sites
- Assist in the promotion and outreach efforts for NYRR Striders
- Support in conducting regular site visits to all NYRR Striders sites
- Assist with the development of the NYRR Striders monthly newsletter to site directors
- Assist with regular updates to the NYRR Striders Facebook account
- Support formal and informal testing of new systems and processes for program implementation
- Assist with the planning and promotion of 25+ NYRR Striders events
- Work multiple weekday and weekend days a year at major NYRR and Youth & Community events, in accordance with the events participation policies.
- Work independently and as a team on special projects and events as they arise
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working with Social Service or education a plus
- 1 – 2 years’ community engagement experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years’ event planning and management experience is preferred
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, consistently deployed in a constituent-friendly manner
- Experience with project management
- Undergraduate degree preferred or must be in progress of obtaining undergraduate degree required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong team focus and the ability to relate to and work with diverse populations as sites and events are located throughout New York City
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Initiative to identify and offer suggestions for improvements or enhancements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications, especially Excel; PowerPoint; and Word preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- General appreciation for living a healthy lifestyle
- Must be available 20-25/hours per week.
- First Aid and CPR/AED preferred
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer