Coach, Group Training
NYRR’s Training Team is seeking supportive, experienced leaders to coach NYRR’s Group Training program which runs for approximately six eight-week training sessions throughout the year, in all five boroughs, on weekdays and weekends. These part time coaches will work with each park lead to execute pre-planned workouts in a group setting with up to 25 runners at a time.
- Implement and run the workouts alongside trainees in a group setting
- Foster a supportive, inspiring, and challenging workout environment
- Engage with participants of varying levels
- Total time commitment per workout averages around 90 minutes. Workouts average 60 minutes in length, and coaches are expected to arrive 15 minutes ahead of time and are encouraged to stay and answer questions for up to 15 minutes after each workout concludes.
- Remaining 2019 Group Training sessions include:
- Part time position with hours ranging between three and nine hours per week
Skills and Attributes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Punctuality and dependability
- Significant running experience
- Availability on weekday mornings/evenings as well as some weekend mornings
- Ability to simultaneously coach and run a 5K distance at an assigned pace without stopping
- Comfort speaking with authority in a group setting
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to various parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Astoria Park, Van Cortlandt Park, Clove Lakes Park, and others.
- Familiarity with NYRR’s events calendar and NYRR’s mission
- Prior coaching and racing experience strongly preferred
- Experience running at various levels
- Experience running NYRR’s weekly races strongly preferred
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification (or willingness to obtain certification through NYRR sponsored training)
- RRCA, USATF, or comparable coaching or training certification (or willingness to obtain certification through NYRR-sponsored training)
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant work experience
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this opportunity.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer