Coordinator, Youth & Community Marketing
About the Department
New York Road Runner’s Brand Marketing and Communications department is charged with managing the organizations promotional, editorial, advertising, digital operations and creative services. The team’s efforts build upon NYRR’s brand initiatives and Run for Life platform as the organization seeks to tell the bigger NYRR story of huge positive impact; our ongoing focus on broadening our engagement with runners of all types; our efforts to strengthen our alignment with, and support of, our corporate partners; and our opportunity to unlock the power of our community in supporting our youth- and cause-related efforts.
About the Position
New York Road Runners seeks a motivated, enthusiastic, and organized individual interested in branding, event marketing, consumer research, youth sports and community development initiatives to help support the Brand, Consumer, Community & Partnerships team within the Brand Marketing and Communications department.
- Assist in the overall marketing of Rising New York Road Runners, the organizations free youth programming.
- Assist in the marketing needs to support the Development department and fundraising efforts.
- Assist in marketing efforts of Rising New York Road Runners events amongst other youth & community programing efforts.
- Marketing point for Government and Community Relations creative needs (Year-round)
- Manage creative projects from initial brief through to completion for various races, events, programs. (Year-round)
- Support team managing the overall marketing for the philanthropic efforts of the organization.
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years’ professional experience working with a fast-paced marketing team
- 1-2 years’ professional experience with of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, and the ability to identify sharable social media content.
- Experience working with youth and/or community programs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- General knowledge of marketing and marketing functions.
- Must be a self-initiator and go-getter.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines and support multiple people at once.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- An eye for great photography and the ability to write call-to-action copy that’s appropriate for specific demographics and situations.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer