Senior Manager, Digital Content
About the Position
As a Senior Manager, Digital Content, you will collaborate with every team and department across New York Road Runners to understand their digital content needs for our website, NYRR.org, and our blog coverage on The Run On. The ideal candidate will realize that our digital properties need to tell the breadth and depth of the NYRR story, and that they need to have available the most up-to-date information and inspiring content for our audience.
This role calls for an organized, yet innovative mind. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our brand, our mission of Helping and Inspiring People Through Running, our focus on serving youth and community, and about creating great content and first-class user experiences.
- Support Senior Director, Digital and Social Media in executing against our Digital Content Strategy, creating/assigning, editing, scheduling, updating digital editorial content and contributing to strategizing content creation to meet company brand and business goals.
- Create multifaceted content campaigns for NYRR marquee events, along with weekly races and marketing objectives.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with all teams and departments across the organization to ensure the most up-to-date information is on our website and other platforms and is presented in an easily digestible manner that works for mobile and desktop platforms.
- Determine a schedule and intake workflow for updating digital content, ensuring it meets all brand guidelines.
- Assign, delegate, and have final sign off on tasks to Manager, Digital Content, and Website Content Coordinator.
- Work in partnership with Business Development and Strategic Partnerships team on custom content creation and content-sharing strategies.
- Working alongside the IT department, serve as Digital Content lead in the development and rollout of website updates and new product launches, effectively communicating timelines to the overall department.
- Work with department leads and executive team members on special projects that require presence on the website.
- Bring strategic thinking about how to showcase NYRR’s thought leadership in the health and wellness space, to increase NYRR brand awareness and runner engagement with NYRR.
- 5-7 years of experience web content creation
- Experienced people manager, comfortable delegating and reviewing work, and managing a small and nimble team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Skills and Attributes:
- Laser-focused on creating great content for our audience, have fresh ideas, take an innovative approach to content delivery, and are an advocate for ensuring first-class user experience on both mobile and desktop platforms.
- High energy, highly organized, goal oriented, and motivated by challenges
- Ability to manage concurrent projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Superior organizational, presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Operate best within a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- We utilize many technologies – make sure we know your technical skills and aptitude. Experience using Sitecore or similar Content Management System is preferred.
- Excellent editing and writing skills – 2-3 examples of your work are required during interview process
- Passionate about running, about NYRR’s mission, and have strong opinions about how best to tell the NYRR story.
- Flexible, possess a can-do attitude, and have the ability to change and adapt based on the changing priorities of the organization
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer