Project Support Administrator, Planning
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Project Support Coordinator is a vital member of the Planning Division who will work with Divisional Leadership and Staff to provide critical administrative and calendaring support and operational support for contract administration including procurement, contract compliance, payments and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and schedules in-office and out-of-office meetings and other calendar events, including conference room booking, space set-up, audio-visual needs for Planning Division Senior Leadership and their Departments
- Performs general reception duties for the division including answering phones, delivering messages, logging in external guests through the building’s online security portal and greeting outside guests, and any administrative and operational tasks associated with business priorities
- Tracks department expenses and handles reimbursement and processing for memberships, conferences, travel, and catering needs
- Provides comprehensive operational day to day management for on-call retainer consultant contracts including satisfying all contract compliance needs, assisting in the procurement process, executing task orders and contract amendments, interfacing with contractors and consultants as needed, liaising with multiple Departments at NYCEDC (i.e. Contracts, Budget, Accounting, Legal, etc.), and timely processing of consultant invoices
- Develops and applies a thorough working knowledge of key contract related functions including familiarity with online platforms for satisfying contract and task order executions, and managing invoice processing
- Other tasks on an as-needed basis that support the streamlining and enhancing of existing Divisional processes
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of prioritization and time management
- Professional demeanor, a positive attitude, and comfort working in a team setting
- Ability to handle multiple assignments competently and efficiently
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances
- College degree or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in administrative work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with Concur preferred
- New York City residency within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.