Project Manager, Finance
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your role: The Project Manager (PM) will assist and report to the Chief of Staff in the daily operation and long-term project planning for the Finance Division, consisting of the Accounting, Budget, and Grants Management Departments. The PM will provide logistical and project management support to various Finance projects including, but not limited to, the maintenance of the corporate expense, travel, and invoice system, the corporate purchase card (P-Card) program, the grants management system, revising internal finance related policies & procedures, managing procurement process for consultants, and other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and audit the daily administration of the corporate expense, travel, and invoice system, and the corporate purchase card (P-Card) program
- Responsible for troubleshooting expense, travel, invoice, and P-card issues, and rectifying in a friendly and helpful manner
- Liaise with internal and external support teams to ensure the timely resolution of finance system issues
- Periodically review and revise corporate policies on travel, expense, and invoice payments to ensure they are up to date and reflect best practices
- Assist with the revision and implementation of internal department policies and procedures
- Maintain and update user access to corporate online banking systems
- Independently work to run routine metrics and create reports on payment and performance data of the financial systems
- Assist with the procurement of audit and other consultants for the Finance Division as necessary
- Assist with the development of presentations and other corporate-wide communications on behalf of the division
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a “team” environment
- Undergraduate degree
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in promoting innovation and in learning new computer tools
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to perform all duties in a professional and conscientious manner, attention to detail, and team-oriented
- Experience with Concur or other travel, expense, and invoice management system preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and/or MRI accounting software preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting preferred
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.