Human Resources Coordinator
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for general support specifically invoicing, contract and systems administration, scheduling, events planning, and all employee reimbursement claims for the organization, in addition to executing the necessary day-to-day requirements general inquiries made by EDC employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead (in conjunction with the HR team) the implementation and administration of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications.
- Perform general departmental office support/duties including the preparation/writing of employment verification letters, billing, emails, processing mail, vendor payment processing, photocopying, scanning, maintaining departmental files, assembling new hire orientation materials, and coordinating the department’s inventory supply.
- Perform the pre-check of employee expense submissions in the Concur system and act as a delegate approver for the SVP of HR. Review and track all employment reimbursements such as vision and tuition reimbursements.
- Responsible for the department supply purchase and an authorized signer on a company Purchase card (P-card). Also responsible for the associated monthly receipt reconciliation.
- Acts as a point of contact for all HR Systems and provides technical support to employees as needed.
- Assist department leadership with the creation of organizational development initiatives to help develop a motivated and engaged workforce.
- Works directly with the Conflicts of Interest Board to manage the annual financial disclosure filing process and maintain the online database of employees who meet the criteria to file.
- Handles routine inquiries from inside and outside the company, answering questions and/or and direct individuals to the appropriate resource.
- Drafts company-wide emails such as early dismissal and post updates on the company internet.
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes and propose ideas related to assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 1-2 years’ experience working with employee population
- Knowledge and proficiency in ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with strong skills in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with many types of individuals
- General knowledge of Human Resource operations preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be client-focused with solid follow-up skills
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of Human Resources work
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and around tight timelines
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.