Intern - Partnerships
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Partnerships Team at the NYCEDC serves as a front door to businesses looking to stay, expand, or relocate to New York City. The team maximizes the impact of EDC’s work by engaging and integrating external stakeholders partnerships (e.g. corporations, influencers, investors, accelerators, industry groups, academic institutions, philanthropy, foreign trade offices, event organizers, etc.) into our projects and attracts businesses to NYC.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded and highly collaborative individual to support partnership development across sectors. As part of the team, you will work closely with creative, highly-motivated and passionate people and support a variety of diverse and challenging projects.
Your Role: The Strategic Partnerships intern will help build out Partnerships’ capacity and infrastructure to effectively communicate EDC’s mission and further develop the portfolio of projects with stakeholders engaged in business development efforts. The intern will prepare internal and external-facing content, support cross-departmental work and assist in events as needed. This position is ideal for a college or graduate student who is highly motivated by converting ideas and content into high-impact materials and partnerships.
- Provide administrative and staffing support for the implementation and management of external and internal projects, meetings and processes
- Create a wide variety of materials to support the Partnerships team including presentations, memos, etc.
- Organize and maintain data and assets, including the recently-launched CRM system
- Maintain calendar of industry events to advance strategic outreach efforts in a range of industries, such as Creative & Applied Technology, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Smart & Sustainable Cities and Real Estate & Finance
- Coordinate EDC’s participation in events and conferences, including identifying speaking opportunities for EDC staff, sponsorship opportunities, and the development of content for the event (e.g. prep memos, talking points, etc.)
- Interact with departments across EDC and other project stakeholders
- Support data analytics and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Recent graduate or pursuing a Bachelors in Business, Public Policy, Urban Planning, or related field
- Demonstrated interest in economic development, and success in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to work and communicate well in a fast-paced environment while interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Creative thinker with strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and requests in a timely manner
- Proficiency in software programs such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Wrike and Microsoft Dynamics
- Resourceful, self-motivated, efficient and detail oriented.
- Availability for up to 28 hours per week, across 4 days per week (with flexibility)
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.