Project Director - Capital Program
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Capital Program department is responsible for design and construction of a wide variety of projects throughout New York City. Department staff consists of professional Civil Engineers, Architects, and Landscape Architects.
Your Role: The Project Director will be responsible for oversight and management of multiple active contracts NYCEDC holds including resiliency and building work with NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and analysis skills in reviewing documents
- Effectively manages a variety of work to required standards of quality, quantity and timeliness
- Successfully manages project budget and schedule
- Communicates clearly and inclusively at all levels within EDC and outside of EDC
- Creates, builds and develops interpersonal relationships
- Prioritizes work; delegates as necessary
- Negotiates with internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrates strong industry knowledge
- Anticipates and resolves problems as they arise
- Adapts well to changing priorities and circumstances
- Leads and influences teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Construction Management or related course of study
- 5-7 years’ experience in Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Construction Management
- General computer skills, project scheduling (i.e. MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong project management abilities.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to problem solving, to anticipate project issues and maintain project momentum and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer, written and verbal skills.
- Preferably working towards professional registration (PE, RA, RLA).
- Familiarity with project scheduling software preferred.
- NYC residency required within 180 days of hire.
About The NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.