Intern, Project Management - Capital Program
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Capital Program (CAP) department is responsible for design and construction of a wide variety of projects throughout New York City. Department staff consists of professional Engineers/Architects/Landscape Architects. The Capital Program Department is looking for an intern to support the Project Manager team for the Fall & Spring.
Your Internship: You will assist with aspects of design and construction for a variety of projects in New York City. Project types include waterfront development, buildings – new construction and renovation, major infrastructure development and public open spaces.
- Contract administration
- Assist in the management of design consultants, construction managers, and other consultants
- Assist in the management of construction contractors
- Coordinate department’s project signage process to include communication and tracking of projects as they reach the construction stage. Serve as liaison with our Marketing department for signage tracking
- Assist Project Managers with RFP’s
- Provide support on special assignments (examples: DPR project log, FEMA, MTA)
- Manage and update EIS and EAS tracking log
- Track and prepare responses DDC requests regarding construction projects
- Interface with community groups and governmental agencies
- Strong written and communication skills
- Interest in city government, public design & construction projects
- Background coursework in architecture, engineering or city planning preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
New York City Economic Development Corporation, a non-profit entity working on behalf of City government, is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth through development programs that encourage investment and strengthen the City’s competitive position. EDC’s services include policy formulation and support, management of City programs and activities to attract businesses and promote the City’s growth, and development planning for certain City owned real estate. Additional information on EDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.