Assistant Vice President, Contracts & Finance - NYC Ferry
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Ferry Department oversees the operation and expansion of NYC Ferry along with a suite of ferry assets and projects including public and private ferry operations, landing infrastructure, and vessels.
Your Role: As a member of the Ferry Department, you will report to the Executive Director and will have a Contract Manager who reports to you. You will be responsible for oversight on all matters related to contracts and finance for NYC Ferry.
On contract matters, you will oversee the agreement between NYCEDC and the operator of NYC Ferry, and numerous other contracts that NYCEDC holds for ferry-related services. Aside from managing the current agreements, you will also be the lead for negotiating future contract related to ferry services. The future of these agreements will be the structural basis for the public-private partnership providing transit services to New Yorkers.
You will also lead development, oversight and reforecasting of the annual operating budget for NYC Ferry. The operating budget includes payments for ferry services, reconciliation with ridership revenue, contingency and emergency expenses and all other aspects of NYC Ferry.
The Contract Manager is a Senior Associate who oversees the day-to-day implementation of the ferry operating agreement to support your role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the contractual relationship between NYCEDC and the operator of NYC Ferry;
- Draft amendments, correspondence, and any other types of documentation related to the contract(s), leases, permits, and/or licenses;
- Develop and reforecast the annual NYCEDC operating budget for NYC Ferry;
- Develop strategies to align contracts and goals for NYCEDC and NYC Ferry;
- Play a lead role negotiating future ferry agreements;
- Manage a Senior Associate who manages the day-to-day aspects of contracts related to NYC Ferry.
- Build and maintain detailed financial models for spending on NYC Ferry
- Establish and perform document control procedures for all records related to contracts;
- Work with project managers to reconcile the project budgets and create a portfolio budget view.
- Determine financial feasibility of proposed projects and prepared recommendations for the Executive Director
- A Masters' degree or equivalent in business, public administration, public policy, law or related field;
- At least 4 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing operating and/or capital budgets;
- Demonstrated experience taking part in large negotiations and/or contract development;
- Expert communication skills including excellent written and verbal abilities
- Experience working with operating entities such as transit agencies, maritime companies, or other related operations a plus
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.