Analyst - Strategic Investments Group
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Analyst will work as part of the Strategic Investments Group (“SIG”) at NYCEDC to catalyze economic growth and increase quality jobs in all five boroughs of New York City. The Analyst will assist with research, analysis, and presentation preparation to support a range of strategic initiatives including the origination of new development finance products, programs, and deal financing structures. The Analyst will be involved from inception to execution on a variety of fast-paced, high-impact projects that help create quality jobs and strengthen our communities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models.
- Design, research, and assist in the administration of new NYCEDC business lending programs; perform research and due diligence on new financial program design.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis to support the evaluation of strategic opportunities and transactions.
- Develop a strong understanding of financing transactions, including the various incentives and other programs available in New York City for for-profit and not-for-profit companies and developers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues in other departments, such as Real Estate, Compliance, Legal, Planning, Communications, Government Relations, and Economic Research.
- Prepare presentations to inform decision-making on high-impact strategic initiatives related to new development finance products and deal financing structures.
- Analyze and present findings and recommendations to project teams and senior staff in written and verbal form, and brief senior NYCEDC and city officials.
- Draft requests for proposals for services in connection with the design and administration of new and existing financing programs and public-private partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, business, finance, real estate or related subject area
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant field (finance, real estate, development, government agency)
- Strong record of quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Proven strength in use of spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Instinct for strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing needs and opportunities
- Ability to work in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Interest in economic development and community development
- Familiarity with loan underwriting a plus
- NYC residency is required within 180 days of hire
About NYCEDC: The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.