Assistant Vice President- Asset Management Revenue
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC’s Asset Management Revenue (AMR) Division manages the overall strategy for conventional and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City including commercial real estate properties as well as transportation, critical infrastructure, and energy assets. The Asset Management Revenue division pursues a double-bottom line strategy, targeting not just economic returns but also multiple social metrics including but not limited to job creation and growing equitable neighborhoods. The overall assets are divided into multiple portfolios, each managed by a VP or SVP, with a Portfolio Surveillance group that monitors and enforces standards and practices across the portfolio. The division-wide portfolio encompasses all property types including those that are standard in the real estate industry (Retail, Mixed-Use/Commercial, Industrial, etc.) with individual Portfolio Managers also managing assets particular to public sector and public/private partnerships (Transportation assets including Ferry, Cruise, Freight/Rail, and Aviation, Retail and Market assets, Cultural, Industrial and Commercial assets). In fiscal year 2018, the department actively managed over 220 properties and over 65 million square feet at a 95% occupancy rate, generating more than $240 million in revenue.
Your Role: Reporting directly to the Chief of Portfolio Management of the Division, the AVP, Portfolio Management will provide critical oversight for the division by supporting the portfolio-wide creation of monthly management financials in close coordination with EDC’s Finance division and Asset Management Operations group. The AVP, Portfolio Management will support the implementation of management tracking of market benchmarks and the division’s policy goals, including tracking job creation against plan. The AVP, Portfolio Management will also work with individual asset managers to develop strategies around financial activities across the portfolio in support of deal negotiations, asset repositioning and large-scale redevelopment projects. The successful candidate will be an expert communicator, a sophisticated financial analyst, highly organized and have specialized vertical skills in real estate, finance, or management consulting.
- Lead the quarterly budgeting processes (e.g., property budgets, City capital request, mid-year reforecast, asset plans) including the development of final deliverables for senior management review
- Lead the process for department-wide review and documentation of major monthly variances to budget
- Lead the creation of monthly, quarterly and year-end management financial and KPI reporting
Argus Enterprise (AE) Integration and Support
- Develop modeling templates in AE and custom management reports in ARES
- Support the develop of property-level management financials as a scenario in AE
- Support the property and tenant classification process
- Lead the integration of City capital registration/liquidation data, restricted fund balances, developer site acquisition credits and the development waterfall return structures
- In coordination with other EDC departments (e.g., the Strategic Investments Group, Initiatives, Strategy), support the advancement of private financing initiatives and opportunity zones which includes development of project pipelines and support of the underwriting process
- Provide underwriting and analytical support for negotiations that could potentially have a significant financial impact on the department including asset repositioning and large-scale redevelopment projects, major rent resets, tenant refinancing and buyout/asset dispositions
- Support the tenant financial reporting process including report review and the management of external consultant reviews
- Reconcile fund balances and support the development of best practices for the spending down the restricted funds
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in real estate, finance, asset management, private equity, management consulting, economic development and/or related field.
- Argus Enterprise, DCF or equivalent advanced Excel modeling experience in underwriting real estate
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with and present to senior managers
- Expert communicator with highly developed analytical thinking
- Expert, creative and detail-oriented time-management and project management skill set
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- New York City residency (required within 180 days of hire)
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with owner’s representation, asset and/or property management.
- Experience with construction and building management and maintenance software a plus
- Experience with negotiation and document drafting
- MRI (or similar software such as Yardi) fluency and experience
- Market research and/or appraisal experience
- Direct supervisory experience
- New York City Real Estate experience
- New York City government experience
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees’ talents. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave, commitment to work-life balance, and discounted gym memberships and Broadway tickets.