Assistant Vice President - Funding Agreements
*To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter along with your application.
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Funding Agreements (FA), as a part of the Budget Department and the Finance Division, manages a diverse portfolio of City-funded grants awarded primarily to nonprofit organizations. The team is dedicated to helping nonprofits plan and implement facility expansion and renovation projects or equipment purchases, especially when nonprofits are recipients of discretionary capital allocation by an elected official. We do this by providing capacity building workshops and resources, managing funding grant agreements, and acting as the outward-facing representatives of the City and advocates of nonprofits.
A secondary function is providing advice and assistance to NYCEDC departments that are contemplating use of City capital and expense funds as part of public-private partnerships for things such as RFPs, development deals, and certain consultant projects.
Your Role: The Assistant Vice President (AVP), reporting to the Director of Funding Agreements, will directly manage a portfolio of funding agreement projects. The AVP will also support the Director in managing and developing an effective team of project managers. He/she may represent FA in policy discussions with multiple City agencies and assist with the development and execution of workshops and other resources for grant recipients. The AVP may also advise and collaborate with EDC staff in the conceptualization and negotiation phases of EDC procurements and real estate transactions.
- Actively manage a large portfolio of FA projects at various stages of completion
- Manage and develop at least one staff member
- Consult internally and externally on FA policy matters
- Present projects for approval to EDC Executive Committee
- Create new tools to streamline existing processes in order to implement projects more effectively
- Manage Requests for Proposals from start to finish
- Assist in the delivery of workshops and training programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with and present to executive level managers
- Proactive, collaborative, strategic mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated quantitative skills
- Understanding of New York City's communities and political landscape
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- NYC residency required within 180 days of hire
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Familiarity with NYC government and knowledge of City’s processes
- Extensive experience in project management, especially organizational skills focused on bringing a project from conceptual phase to resource deliverables
- Proactive self-starter and team player; able to work in collaborative, cross-functional teams
About NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the City of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees’ talents. NYCEDC employees work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive team where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected, and have an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401 (a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, and discounted gym memberships and movie tickets.