Project Support Analyst - Sunset Park
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC’s Asset Management Revenue (AMR) Division manages the overall strategy for conventional and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City including commercial real estate properties as well as transportation, critical infrastructure, and energy assets. The Asset Management Revenue division pursues a double-bottom line strategy, targeting not just economic returns but also multiple social metrics including but not limited to job creation and growing equitable neighborhoods. The overall assets are divided into multiple portfolios, each managed by a VP or SVP, with a Portfolio Surveillance group that monitors and enforces standards and practices across the portfolio. The division-wide portfolio encompasses all property types including those that are standard in the real estate industry (Retail, Mixed-Use/Commercial, Industrial, etc.) with individual Portfolio Managers also managing assets particular to public sector and public/private partnerships (Transportation assets including Ferry, Cruise, Freight/Rail, and Aviation, Retail and Market assets, Cultural, Industrial and Commercial assets). In fiscal year 2018, the division actively managed over 220 properties and over 65 million square feet at a 95% occupancy rate, generating more than $240 million in revenue.
Your Role: The Project Support Analyst for Asset Management Revenue (AMR) will provide support for all leasing and lease administration activities in the Sunset Park Portfolio (Brooklyn Army Terminal, Bush Terminal, and Brooklyn Wholesale Meat Market). This position will report to the Vice President – Sunset Park Portfolio, Asset Management Revenue. Responsibilities include being the Lease Inquiry Point of Contact, Lease Administration, Lease Expiration Closeout, and other tasks as assigned.
- Lease Inquiry: Serve as the primary point of contact for all space inquiries within the Sunset Park District:
- Respond to phone, email, and website inquiries for the Sunset Park Portfolio
- Log and keep track of all inquiries for the Sunset Park Portfolio
- Lead weekly internal leasing pipeline meeting
- Guide tours of available space for prospective tenants, in coordination with asset managers
- Maintain internal vacancy list for the Sunset Park Portfolio
- Maintain BAT availabilities website with the Marketing Department
- Attend tradeshows and other business development events
- Lease Administration: Manage the tracking of all documents related to lease execution:
- Keep track of the Sunset Park Portfolio’s lease progress status
- Fill out lease abstracts / Core Data and highlight key lease terms
- Manage lease execution process once lease is signed by tenant
- Organize tenant related documents and correspondences in file
- Request invoice payment to the Accounting Department and manage invoice payment status
- Attend monthly arrears meetings, in coordination with asset mangers
- Lease Expiration Closeout: Manage the lease expiration close out progress for each asset:
- Lead on delivering required documents to ensure a timely surrender of a premises
- Maintain communication with Asset Managers regarding any new lease expirations
- Manage relationship with the Accounting Department to ensure timely and accurate return of security deposit to tenant
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Extremely organized with excellent project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects against timelines in a team environment
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to think independently while working within a team
- Personable attitude with a client centric approach
- New York City resident (required within 180 days of hire)
- Previous experience in real estate asset management
- Previous experience in sales or leasing
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as lease agreement
- Experience with construction or property management
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees’ talents. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave, commitment to work-life balance, and discounted gym memberships and Broadway tickets.