Assistant Vice President, Writer/Content Developer - Marketing
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Marketing Department is the keeper of the NYCEDC brand, providing marketing support including strategy, creative, online, and social media to all divisions within NYCEDC. Marketing also provides support to City Hall and other City agencies on individual projects and programs.Your Role: The AVP Writer/Content Developer will support NYCEDC’s Marketing efforts by writing and editing a variety of communications: email marketing, print materials (brochures, flyers, articles, advertisements) and digital (social media, blog, program and initiative web pages and content management of NYCEDC’s website). The AVP Writer/Content Developer will work closely with the creative director, and partner with the art directors, video editor, and existing writer/content developer to help create strategically-accurate campaigns and brand initiatives. The AVP Writer/Content Developer will collaborate with the Strategy, Social Media, and Operations teams within the Marketing group on marketing projects, as well as liaise with internal client teams/partners and NYCEDC leadership.
- Create copy for campaigns, advertising, collateral, social media, web content, video and audio scripts, emails, and other projects as needed
- Review and publish content to NYCEDC’s website (Drupal 8)
- Build email collateral within our ESP (MailChimp)
- Proofread and copyedit all marketing deliverables
- Writing clearly and concisely, with fastidious attention to grammar and punctuation
- Adapting and editing industry-specific content to be understood by a general audience
- Maintaining corporate style guides or brand guidelines (e.g., Chicago and AP style)
- Creating compelling messages for a variety of audiences and media
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and handle multiple assignments
- Strong creative and analytical thinker; brainstorming and concepting experience a plus
- Articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, reliable self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to maintain professionalism and quality work in high-pressure situations
- 7+ years' experience writing and developing content in a corporate and/or institutional setting
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, email marketing, and CMS content management
- Proficiency in using Mac and PC platforms and Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
About NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a nonprofit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting edc.nyc.