Spring Associate, Real Estate Transaction Services
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Real Estate Transaction Services Department is the City’s primary department for financial analysis, structuring, and the execution of real estate and economic development transactions. RETS aims to promote economic development through the creation of jobs and revenue generation for the City of New York by leveraging City-owned real estate and partnerships with the private sector.
Your Role: As a member of our Real Estate Transaction Services team, the RETS Spring Associate will assist members of the Real Estate Transaction Services division with managing, evaluating, and executing real estate development projects and transactions. NYCEDC is looking for a minimum commitment of 12 weeks on a part-time basis.
Responsibilities (will vary based on skill set):
- Assist Project Managers in multiple complex real estate development projects
- Analyze and perform financial analysis on potential development projects
- Research and perform due diligence on potential development sites and project-related neighborhoods
- Conduct site visits and review property status, zoning, use, ownership, etc.
- Assist in drafting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for an upcoming development project
- Evaluate responses to Request for Proposals
- Assist in closing land sales, ground leases and other related transactions
- Perform market and comparables research
- Assist Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff with department initiatives
- Assist in department data collection
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a Master’s Degree program in real estate development, public policy, urban planning, business or finance; exceptional candidates enrolled in an undergraduate program will be considered
- Candidates graduating in May 2020 are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in real estate development business practices and economic development policy
- Proven strength in the use of spreadsheets (for financial modeling purposes in particular), database and presentation applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word;
- Understanding of economic development issues and NYC Government preferred
- Familiarity and experience with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion
- Detail-oriented, flexible, collaborative, organized, with ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.