Senior Analyst, Contracts
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Vice President of Procurement, the Senior Contracts Analyst will assist NYCEDC’s project managers through the procurement and contracting process. The Senior Contract Analyst will work with individual project managers to ensure that all NYCEDC’s procurement and contracting procedures are followed in relation to the type of services being procured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately interprets and applies NYCEDC procurement policies and procedures
- Guides Project Managers and their respective departments through procurement and contracting processes
- Serves as internal expert on procurement and contracting procedures and policies
- Communicates effectively across all levels of the organization
- Liaise with OMB procurement team & other relevant external Agencies/stakeholders when necessary
- Reviews all documents submitted by project managers associated with procurement and contracting processes and procedures
- Reviews all NYCEDC Contract payment submissions for compliance
- Manage the proposal and Electronic “Proposal Opening” process (in accordance with procurement guidelines and other requirements as necessary)
- Maintains the Contracts Department’s Internal databases, training documents and project spreadsheets
- Maintains the Contracts Department’s internal and external websites/intranet related to departmental processes & procedures
- Responsible for departmental archiving & maintenance of procurement and contract documents
- Understands and correctly applies the principles, concepts, practices, and standards of practice associated with the EDC procurement process, as well as the Contracts department’s internal procedures and best practices
- Lifting and moving of packages and boxes is required at times
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Responsibilities: Provide support and assistance to the Contracts Department on other projects, reports, reporting, or goals as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- General computer skills, MS Office a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate key concepts with people across the organization (across the ladder of leadership)
- Strong sense of urgency and responsibility in achieving goals
- Ability to manage deadlines in a timely efficient manner
- Adaptable and flexible with a results-oriented approach towards work
- Ability to work pro-actively and in a collaborative fashion with cross-departmental and inter-agency teams
- Team Player, ability to step up and flex to the needs of a team-based work environment
- Extremely detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; to think of alternatives and determine the optimum resolutions as needed
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing needs and requests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Must obtain/maintain New York City residency within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
- Experience with public procurement process
- 2 to 3 years directly related experience in procurement
- 5 years with Non Profit, City Agency or State Agency
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.