Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Administrative Assistant is a vital member of NYCEDC’s Contracts department. This person will work with the Chief Contracting Officer, senior- and executive-level staff as well as other members of the Contracts department to provide critical project and administrative support. The Administrative Assistant will track all documents in and out of the department, perform various operational tasks, and coordinate all communication for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the team effort by supporting the division’s senior- and executive-level staff in various project tasks
- Performs general reception duties for the department including answering phones, checking voicemail, delivering messages and greeting guests
- Coordinates and schedules in-office and out-of-office meetings and other calendar events, including conference room or venue booking, space set-up, audio-visual needs and print materials
- Performs general departmental office support and administrative duties including record keeping processing mail, handling faxes, photocopying, scanning, maintaining departmental files and records, coordinating department’s inventory supply
- Develops a working knowledge of other key department functions including familiarity with specific procurement, registration tracking
- Assists Chief Contracting Officer in tracking/managing the department budget and serves as liaison to Accounting Department and various vendors used for departmental needs
- Works closely with senior level staff to identify, coordinate and plan events for team building
- Maintains, creates and updates project template documents such as agendas, meeting minutes, sign-in sheets, and other project presentation materials
- Handles all online form requests and processing for items such as check requests, expense reports, human resources forms, conference attendance, etc. Makes forms available for department staff on a regular basis or upon request and handles processing to appropriate departments as needed
- Opening and distributing departmental mail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in administrative work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Professional demeanor, a positive attitude, and comfort working in a team setting
- Ability to competently and efficiently handle multiple assignments
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.