Office Aide - Administrative Services
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Office Aide provides support for various Administrative Services functions, including but not limited to:
- Mail Room – sort and distribution of mail
- Copy Room – scan, copy, and print production of documents
- Supplies – ordering, stocking, and distribution
- Reception – provide coverage of the reception area
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sort, process and distributes incoming mail and deliveries
- Process out-going mail using the Pitney Bowes postage machine
- Deliver and/or pick up packages to/from companies in the local and midtown area
- Process work orders for the reproduction of printed materials, including scanning to computer files, copying, color printing, and laminating
- Creates books and reports using various binding styles
- Provides general maintenance for the copy machines throughout all floors, including cleaning, paper restocking and Identifying copier equipment problems, schedule repairs as needed.
- Supports with office supplies by reporting inventory levels to the mail room supervisor, restocking items, and delivering supplies to staff.
- Closes all work order tickets assigned via Track-it.
- Performs general reception duties for the receptionist area including, answering phones, greeting guests and directing them to the appropriate department or company personnel, as needed.
- Assist with conference room set-up
- Coverage support duties throughout the department as assigned
- Ability to work overtime
- Distribute Metro Cards for in house messengers to midtown/off site visits and outside meetings
- Provide messenger service via NYCEDC Vehicle when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Multi-line phone system
- Experience with MS Office
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with people in stressful situations
- Reliable, dependable, and prompt
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in a business environment
- NYC residency within 180 days of hire
About NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.