Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Porter’s primary responsibility is making sure the office facilities look neat, clean, presentable, and safe for our staff and visitors. Overall duties will include removing debris, maintaining common areas, restocking pantries/bathrooms, and responding to all cleaning and facility emergencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean, sweep and mop all common office areas including lobbies, bathrooms, pantries, breakout areas, and conference rooms.
- Ensure applicable safety hazard signs are placed appropriately as required e.g. wet paint, out of service, and wet floor warning signs.
- Monitor, clean and service the wellness rooms, showers, bike room, and workshop area.
- Respond to any major spills and clean accordingly.
- Remove litter and rubbish from main common areas.
- Refill supply stations with coffee, hand sanitizer, air freshener, etc., particularly for peak use periods.
- Prepare conference rooms for use ensuring they are cleaned, seating is realigned, waste is removed, and whiteboards are cleaned.
- Prepare conference center rooms before and after meetings.
- Respond, comment, and close work order tickets in a timely manner.
- Assist in workstation relocations.
- Move files and furniture as needed.
- Help order supplies required for facility maintenance and report supply levels for reordering.
- Monitor the facility and equipment to ensure a well-maintained working environment and report as required.
- Respond to facility emergencies that may require coming in on late nights or weekends.
- Provide access to contractors when conducting routine maintenance (i.e. HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- Complete minor repairs and building improvements.
- Work with building staff regarding upkeep of NYCEDC offices and floors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MS Office
- NYS driver’s license
- HVAC experience
- Customer serviced oriented
- Ability to work with all levels of NYCEDC employees and building staff
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work on individual projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 75lbs
- NYC residency within 180 days of employment
- This position may require occasional overtime with advance notice.
- 3 years of porter experience or hospitality facilities experience.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- Experience using hand and electric tools.
- Experience in making minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Ability to manage HVAC systems.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.