Technical Support Intern - MIS
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC's Management Information Systems Department (MIS) seeks to align information systems & technology with the goals and objectives of the organization, dispenses technical services, and contributes to the strategic direction of NYCEDC.Your Role: Provide technical support to end users, and serve as technical resource to Helpdesk personnel. Assisting users on various hardware\software related issues. Support software/applications and perform routine software upgrades. Assure user requirements are met in a courteous and timely fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update Track-It database to track record of all hardware and software inventory
- Document all troubleshooting steps and software installation
- Provide basic support for hardware, software, and network access
- Research various technical problems and provide solutions to end-users and departmental staffs
- Install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements
- Handle Helpdesk calls and email messages and prioritize requests according to severity in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Experience working with PCs; Windows7 & 10; Office 2010 & 2016
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Have a strong work ethic, organization skills, the desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- 1 or more years of experience in an office environment
- A+ and/or MCP certification
- Pursuing technology related major (e.g. Information System, Telecommunication, Computer Science…etc)
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.