Director - Human Resources
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Human Resources Department aims to provide superior service to employees and managers in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, performance management, training, compensation and benefits in order to increase the effectiveness of the organization. Our mission is to treat each employee as a valued client while supporting the principles, values, vision and mission of NYCEDC. We strive to promote services that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
Your Role: The Vice President of Human Resources reports to the Human Resources Department Head. The VP collaborates with the Department Head with respect to strategy, design, and execution of programs to meet strategic objectives for NYCEDC. The VP will also be responsible for managing the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) team, overseeing day-to-day department operations, and closely aligning with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Iterate and innovate on existing HR department programs to take the group to the next level of strategic thinking, operational efficiency and excellence.
- Guide the work of the HRBP staff across the full spectrum of HR disciplines specifically in the areas of employee relations, performance management, succession planning, policies & procedures, training & development, employee engagement & alignment, and other strategic projects
- Liaise with the organization’s department heads and provide comprehensive solutions and recommendations based on the needs of the group.
- Analyze and synthesize employee metrics associated with talent acquisition, development, and attrition as part of the groups’ workforce plans. Present results and corresponding recommendations to management and employees. Devise and lead initiatives to address local issues.
- Assess and guide implementation of all technology solutions to improve and streamline processes and reducing paper dependency.
- Annually review and make recommendations to Head of Human Resources for improvement of company’s policies, procedures, operations, practices etc.
- Manage, develop and ensure that HR staff are properly oriented to their positions.
- Conduct presentations with senior staff throughout the organization.
- Serve as the Deputy HR Department Head when the Head is away.
- Responsible for NYCEDC compliance with City, State and Federal legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in progressive human resources BP/generalist roles
- Subject matter knowledge and generalist experience across the full spectrum of HR disciplines (e.g., employee relations, recruiting, performance management, compensation, benefits, etc.)
- Must have experience managing and developing staff
- Strong project management, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to have credibility at the senior management level, built on trust and experience
- Ability to identify issues within the business/department and work in partnership toward practical solutions which resolve them
- Knowledge of employment laws.
- Willingness to be "hands-on" and work as an effective member of a dynamic human resources team
- Ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately, exercise discretion as appropriate, and remain sensitive to individual situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point
- New York City Residence is required within 180 days of employment
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the City of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees’ talents. NYCEDC employees work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive team where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected, and have an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401 (a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, and discounted gym memberships and movie tickets.