Summer Intern - Initiatives (Cyber NYC)
Make Your Mark on New York City
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Are you passionate about public service and New York City? Do you want to have a hand in shaping New York City’s cybersecurity ecosystem? Do you want to make impactful contributions towards NYCEDC’s mission of growing good jobs and strengthening neighborhoods? Apply today!
Spending your summer as an intern with NYCEDC could be a springboard to an amazing career!
The Cyber NYC Team is part of the Initiatives Department at NYCEDC. The Initiatives Department creates and manages projects that partner with, impact, and address specific challenges and opportunities within NYC’s key economic sectors. One of the key projects of the Initiatives Department is Cyber NYC, which is a suite of strategic investments to grow New York City’s cybersecurity workforce, help companies drive innovation and business development, and build networks and community spaces. Among its various initiatives is a Chelsea-based Global Cyber Center, a SoHo-based Cyber Innovation Hub, a Facebook-CUNY Master’s Program, a virtual apprenticeship program, and a Cyber Boot Camp for underserved New Yorkers. Read more about the project here.
The Summer Internship Program: As a NYCEDC Summer Intern, you will attend networking activities with other interns, training and development courses, organized tours of NYCEDC assets, and so much more!
Your Internship: The Cyber NYC Team is seeking passionate Summer Interns to join our dynamic team committed to making New York City a more prosperous place to live and work and to securing NYC’s position as a leading hub for cybersecurity. In addition to working on one of the most exciting and high-profile projects within the organization, as an Intern, you will have the opportunity to attend networking activities with other interns, training and development courses, organized tours of NYCEDC assets, and so much more!
- Assist the Cyber NYC team in all aspects of the project management lifecycle, including strategic analysis, procurement and planning, partnership development, and project implementation
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on industries and emerging trends in NYC and globally, including stakeholder interviews as necessary
- Provide support on all aspects of planning and implementation, including but not limited to financial analysis, contract and procurement management, and site visits
- Create presentations that effectively communicate research findings, project findings and/or project recommendations to multiple audiences
- Help team plan, coordinate, and execute events supporting the full range of projects
- Assist in drafting memorandums, and other materials for pre and post-launch projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program; candidates enrolled in public policy, economic development, urban planning, and/or sector-specific programs are a plus
- Demonstrated interest in economic development, public policy, and/or business development
- Proven ability in using database and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Proactive “self-starter” and “team player”; able to work in collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Understanding of urban economic development issues and NYC government preferred
- Knowledge of cybersecurity is valuable but not required
About NYCEDC: The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.