Policy Analyst, Economic Research & Analysis
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Policy Analyst will work towards the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies for EDC’s economic development interventions. The PA will also be responsible for publications, respond to data requests and provide support to other EDC teams on projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in developing evaluation frameworks for EDC’s Initiatives and other departments as needed
- Manage the implementation of evaluation programs
- Develop methodologies to capture data and conduct rigorous analysis of programmatic data using a statistical software
- Communicate program evaluation results to different audiences
- Represent the department in meetings on the subject with internal and external partners.
- Manage publication of the monthly Economic Snapshot and podcast
- Support the publication of the monthly industry mini reports
- Respond to data requests from a variety of departments and agencies
- Contribute to the maintenance and expansion of data sources available to the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Economics or related discipline and 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with economic modeling and cost-benefit analysis
- Proficiency analyzing data in Excel, Stata, and R
- Familiarity with public and private data sources
- Creativity, curiosity, attention to detail
- Ability to answer complex questions with data, and to convey research insights concisely in writing and in presentations to senior management and the public
- NYC residency is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!