Vice President, Healthcare & Life Sciences - Initiatives
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: You will join NYCEDC’s industry Initiatives Department, responsible for creating and implementing economic development healthcare & life science programs, and engage the private sector, government and academic leadership to grow key strategic industries and ensure New York City remains a global leader in innovation.
Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We need you to help us do this.
This is a critical role within the Industry Initiatives team at NYCEDC to help lead a team, provide thought leadership to the organization on healthcare & life science trends, create initiatives that grow jobs, and deliver tangible impact in NYC.
- Promote a collaborative, high performing organizational culture that fosters passion for our mission, program excellence, teamwork, and a shared purpose.
- Help lead current and new programmatic initiatives to drive innovation and inclusive growth in healthcare and life sciences. Maximize the impact and scale of current programs in these sectors.
- Provide direction and management to project teams in framing problems and identifying key issues/questions in healthcare and life sciences studies.
- Provide direction for development of project work plans, including study scope, timelines, specific analyses to be completed, and individual responsibilities.
- Oversee project teams, and the work of external consultants/partners as needed.
- Provide direction in development of program recommendations, ensuring they are feasible impactful, and coordinated within and across teams
- Oversee implementation of major programs in digital health, healthcare and life sciences.
- Oversee the creation of and deliver PowerPoint presentations or memos for key stakeholders (e.g. EDC senior staff, City Hall, external partners).
- Maintain, develop and expand NYCEDC’s relationships with private sector partners, particularly leaders in the healthcare and life science communities, academic institutions and private funding entities. Form strategic collaborations with these partners to develop and drive results within NYCEDC and across city government.
- Engage NYCEDC executives, leaders from partner organizations and City Hall on critical outreach and policy advocacy matters.
- Work with healthcare and life sciences team to build and maintain relationships with key healthcare and life science stakeholders in the private sector, including organization of roundtables, 1:1s and ecosystem events.
- As needed, serve as spokesperson, representative, and ambassador of the healthcare and life science programs to a wide variety of constituencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral communication and presentation skills)
- Entrepreneurial and leadership ability, organized and results oriented
- 8+yrs relevant work experience, including managing operations, growing teams, and providing strategic leadership experience in a demanding analytic environment
- Strong track record in converting ideas into action plans and results
- Extensive project management experience including ability to manage projects against tight timelines, and apply a collaborative style that works well in teams and empowers staff
- Deep understanding of the healthcare and life science sectors
- Able to look at the big picture and search for insightful, creative solutions
- Ability to facilitate constructive debate and effectively negotiate, persuade, and reach consensus
- Able to attract, hire, develop, and retain top talent
- Managing people and investing in staff, including providing professional development guidance
- Prioritizes effectively among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects at the same time
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees’ talents. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401 (a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, and discounted gym memberships and movie tickets