Grants Project Manager
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your role: NYCEDC’s Grants Department is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the management of each project as it relates to grants, from grant application through closeout. The Grants Department coordinates with NYCEDC Project Managers, Accounting and Budget to ensure appropriate oversight of all grants, including fiscal compliance, financial management, reporting and reimbursement. The NYCEDC grants portfolio includes over 200 federal, state and local grants with a total value of approximately $3 billion. Approximately 32 grant programs are represented in the NYCEDC portfolio. The Grants Project Manager (PM) helps to oversee and facilitate grant management from grant award through closeout.
- Managing grant project portfolio, including but not limited to: advising and supporting project managers regarding grant management requirements, flagging and meeting critical requirements and deadlines, preparing timely reimbursement requests and coordinating submittal of required documents to grantors.
- Reviewing and approving grant-related payment requests and change orders, tracking payments and closing out grants.
- Contributing topic-specific resources and expertise for the Grants Department, including but not limited to: 1) reimbursement documentation; 2) grant management; 3) grant program requirements 4) maintenance of grant database.
- Uploading key grant documents and updating the grant management database for portfolio projects.
- Providing audit support including but not limited to locating and preparing files, responding to requests for information.
- Representing NYCEDC on grant-specific basis with external partners and grantors and ensure efficient and regular communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- 1-2+ years of relevant project management experience. Federal grant management experience, including experience with grant audits preferred. Database management experience helpful.
- Knowledge of City, State or Federal government operations is a plus including understanding of budgeting, grant and contract management and public procurement.
- Knowledge on Office of Management and Budget (OMB) processes as well as experience working with FMS (New York City’s Financial Management System) strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong skills in Excel and SharePoint.
- Critical thinking with ability to define problems and identify and execute timely solutions.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent analytical and time-management skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze legal and/or financial documents.
- Proven ability to work without supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized individual, in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.