Intern, Funding Agreements
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
About the Funding Agreements Department: A Funding Agreement is a contract that enables NYCEDC to provide funds to non-City organizations for projects that provide the City with a public benefit. Funding recipients include small community organizations, internationally recognized cultural institutions, and private entities implementing key economic development projects.
Your internship: As a part-time intern in our Funding Agreements department, you will support a team of project managers during various stages of project implementation, including coordinating the completion of various reporting requirements, providing updates to internal and external stakeholders, and reviewing critical project documentation. The intern can work closely on the marketing and programmatic arm of the department including but not limited to coordinating events, guiding caterers and vendors to events, set up and take down, and facilitating clients to the event space. This position will also include managing select projects and provide vital project management experience.
The internship requires a commitment of up-to 3 days /week during the fall. There is an option to extend the internship into the academic year.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should outline how this position aligns with the individual’s personal career goals and ambitions.
- Work with department staff to facilitate the implementation of contracts funding capital construction projects throughout NYC
- Assist department with compiling and analyzing data on current and historic capital contracts
- Assist in reviewing, approving, and tracking reimbursements requests from client organizations
- Coordinate and liaise between external agencies, internal departments, and funding recipients the collection and maintenance of compliance documentation
- Work with project managers to develop and implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency, including reviewing internal training manuals and documents.
- Monitor and track internal inquiries by other department and agencies
- Perform general department office duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Eligible students include any college student currently enrolled in either undergraduate or graduate program with preference given to rising juniors and seniors
- Passion for community-based organizations and/or non-profits working within New York City
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills, a willingness to accept responsibility, ask tough questions, and have a solutions oriented approach
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Outstanding academic record
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and resourceful
- Interest in Municipal Government
- Background coursework in Non-Profit Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Finance, Marketing, GIS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!