Assistant Vice President, Technology (IT) Audit Manager
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Internal Audit department at NYCEDC is in the process of remaking and rebranding itself. The team is looking for a strong AVP, Technology Audit Manager to assist the EVP/Chief Audit Executive in these efforts.
Your role: The AVP, Technology Audit Manager will be responsible for designing and executing technology audits and automated controls testing for the Internal Audit team and ensuring that the technology audit plan is executed on time and within budget. The AVP, Technology Audit Manager will also lead the efforts to develop a data analytics program for the Internal Audit team.
- Design and execute technology audits for the Internal Audit team. Identify and coordinate resources required to complete audits as necessary, supervise team members and consultants where applicable, and ensure that technology audits are completed on time and on budget.
- Design and execute testing for automated controls as part of financial, operational, and other audits. Assist the EVP in educating team members in technology concepts and controls.
- Lead the efforts to develop a data analytics program for the Internal Audit team. Identify and implement ways to streamline audit testing and analysis using data analytics techniques.
- Draft well-written audit reports and other deliverables that are balanced, accurate, and non-biased. Develop conclusions and recommendations that ultimately strengthen the organization.
- Ensure that action plans for remediation are executed timely by management.
- Assist in identifying technology risk to the organization, both as part of the annual risk assessment process, and as part of audits. Assist the EVP in building the technology component of the annual risk-based audit plan.
- Proactively update the EVP on status, audit findings, and emerging issues as they arise.
- Assist in preparing Audit Committee reports and presentations, as necessary.
- Develop strong working relationships with key business partners. Provide consultation relating to internal control risks and process improvement opportunities. Communicate effectively and inclusively at all levels of the organization.
- Contribute to projects to streamline and enhance the team’s audit methodology, documentation standards, departmental policies, and internal audit processes.
- Perform and/or manage special projects and reviews as directed by the EVP.
- Represent the Internal Audit Department and the EVP in promoting the department’s vision and strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in technology audit, technology risk management, and/or information security is required. Combined experience in computer engineering and/or technology/security administration is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in MIS, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or other similar major. Education or experience in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other similar area is a plus.
- Experience auditing ITGC and business applications is required. Experience auditing operating systems, databases, networks, messaging platforms, and other areas of technology operations is a plus.
- Exceptional project management, organizational, and presentation skills. Experience in presenting to senior leadership is a plus.
- Experience managing teams of skilled professionals.
- Collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong ability to build professional relationships with business partners.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to effectively communicate technical information in a manner easily understood by business partners.
- Understanding and/or experience in data analytics.
- Professional certification (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, etc.) is required.
- A passion for the Audit profession and the desire to be a trusted advisor to management.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements or auditing standards of AICPA, GASB, FASB, GAAS, and IIA.
- Experience/understanding of CISCO backend, Microsoft technologies (including SQL, SharePoint), Great Plains, MRI Software, Argus, Azure, AWS.
- Experience auditing BCP and DR is a plus.
- Experience in construction, real estate, leasing, government, or other similar industries is a big plus.
- Experience in Agile audit methodology is a plus.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.