Human Resources Business Partner
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Human Resources Department aims to provide superior service to employees and managers in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, performance management, training, compensation and benefits in order to increase the effectiveness of the organization. Our mission is to treat each employee as a valued client while supporting the principles, values, vision and mission of NYCEDC. We strive to promote services that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
Your Role: As a member of our dynamic Human Resources team you will be responsible for provide support and guidance to internal client groups in the areas of: employee relations, organizational development, talent acquisition, talent management, and operations. The HR Business Partner will be responsible for driving and delivering strategic projects, managing the bi-weekly payroll process between HR and payroll; executing the necessary day-to-day requirements and much more!
- Effectively address employee relations issues by providing guidance to managers and employees. Ensure a fair, positive and timely resolution.
- Build effective relationships and partnerships with management and staff that will continue fostering NYCEDC's high performing and engaged culture.
- Responsible for data analysis and identify trends and report findings. Compile HR metrics to support management discussions and decisions.
- Monitor the performance evaluation process and evaluate the effectiveness of each program.
- Manage and develop organizational development initiatives to develop a motivated and engaged workforce.
- Acts as a HR strategic partner. Lead in the implementation and administration of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications.
- Partner with HRBP’s & HR Specialist on compiling and submitting bi-weekly payroll materials, as well as yearend filings.
- Lead various HR projects throughout the year.
- Support HR management and other generalists on program implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to exercise good judgment
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Strong expertise in HR practices, procedures, and policies, with attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resource laws and regulations required
- Strong understanding of payroll processes and year end filings
- Strong leadership qualities and relationship building skills
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with multiple competing deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point); ability to learn new systems/technology
- New York City residency requirement within 180 days of hire
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.