Senior Project Manager - Asset Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: This is a Project Manager position that will assist in the Operations Management of City-owned properties. The main priority for this position will be the New Fulton Fish Market and this position will be stationed at the market at least 4 days out of the week. In addition this position will oversee and manage properties and projects within the Markets and Commercial/Industrial Retail Portfolio at NYCEDC.
- Systems and Property Maintenance: Ensure all building systems are operable, reliable and safe for use. Responsible for arranging ongoing maintenance and repairs and coordinating with contractors, mechanics and porters to perform maintenance and repairs of building systems as required.
- Emergency Response: Respond to emergencies as required. Must be available and responsive 24/7 and able to help provide solutions during the decision-making process as issues arise.
- Tenant/Operator Relations: Conduct random visits and correspond regularly with tenants in order to maintain customer satisfaction. Monitor all tenant improvements ensuring compliance with building codes, insurance regulations and lease. Respond to all tenant related emergencies. Provide immediate action to alleviate and mitigate problems. Interact with all tenants and operators at various levels.
- Construction Management: Responsible for the management and oversight of multiple projects within the portfolios at various locations
- Site Inspections: Supervise inspections and remedy problems as encountered.
- Contract Administration: Ensure compliance of independent contractors with terms of contract, including maintenance of insurance. Monitor contractors' delivery of improvements to buildings. Act as liaison between contractors and tenants to maximize cooperation.
- Budget Preparation and Control: Prepare annual budget and long-term capital investment plans while maintaining the day to day spend on maintenance and janitorial items. Oversee and approve contractor proposals as well as review and process invoices.
- Procurement: Analyze properties' supply, services, equipment and staffing needs to produce comprehensive operating budgets. Monitor expenditures against budget and submit a monthly statement showing budget versus actual expenses. Create a system for inventory management and tracking of supplies to inform the procurement process for supplies.
- Asset Management Support: Provide assistance, as required to the remainder of the division under the direction of the VP of Facilities.
- Staff: Supervise maintenance staff and security staff. Oversee payroll for maintenance staff. Counsel staff on interpretation of policies and procedures. Ensure job related functions are completed. Create and implement daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Business or equivalent
- Experience in building, and/or maintenance management, and/or management and operations of various transportation systems
- Experiencing overseeing multiple properties and managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with maintenance and janitorial staff
- Experience in project management and easily able to communicate with contractors for project updates
- Capable user of computers and such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to provide solutions to team members, tenants and self
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work on individual projects with minimal oversight
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with typical building systems
- Familiarity with building and fire code codes/regulations
- Familiarity with typical refrigeration systems
- Familiarity with snow removal procedures and plans
- 24 hour on-call response
- Ability to establish New York City residency within 180 days of starting