Intern, Public Affairs
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: As a Public Affairs Intern, your primary responsibilities include assisting the Public Affairs team with research assignments, event advance/logistical coordination, media list organization and drafting a wide array of written materials, including media advisories, press releases, briefing memos and presentations, and other public affairs duties as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and content management systems
- Strong written, verbal communications and social media skills
- Self-motivated, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in public relations, media, journalism, mass communications and/or marketing preferred
- Displays confidence and leadership; demonstrable interest in public policy, economic development, New York City and public affairs
- Political campaign and/or media relations or journalism experience
- Experience with non-profits, government agencies, public relations firms or publicly held company is highly desirable
- Familiarity with media monitoring systems like Meltwater
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.