Mechanic - Asset Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: Provide general maintenance, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, inspections, and troubleshooting tasks of systems and NYC Ferry landings and other EDC properties as directed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and emergency services on the NYC Ferry landings (and other EDC properties as directed), including electrical, gas, water & sewer, plumbing, heating ventilation and air conditioner (HVAC), domestic water pumps, carpentry, painting, masonry and general janitorial needs.
- Perform inspections and have a familiarity with the functionality of the mechanical equipment on the ferry landings.
- Assist out-sourced contractors when required.
- When directed, provide technical guidance to maintenance personnel including scheduling and coordinating work assignments as per supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies as required. 24/7 on-call responsibilities.
- Monitor contractors when they are performing work on the landings.
- Perform cleaning duties when required.
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned properties and advise supervisor of any maintenance issues or repairs needed.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Conduct snow removal.
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience required with working knowledge in maintenance, inspections and repairs.
- Have the ability to utilize handheld and desktop computer devices to input work orders and record work
- Must maintain a valid NYS Commercial Driver License with clean driving record
- Working knowledge of construction and handyman repair techniques. Experience in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, heating/air conditioning and equipment associated with trades.
- Ability to push or carry objects.
- Knowledge of New York City.
- Experience working with hand and power tools, materials and equipment associated with construction related trades.
- New York State resident within 180 days of hire
Preferred Qualifications: Good communication skills and ability to work alone; MS Office Word and Outlook. Use of two-way radios and iPhone.
About NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.