Associate - Real Estate Transaction Services
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs through strategic and transformative real estate developments.
The Real Estate Transaction Services Department (RETS) is the City’s primary department for financial analysis, structuring, and the execution of real estate and economic development transactions. RETS promotes economic development and neighborhood revitalization by leveraging City-owned real estate and partnerships with the private sector.
Your Role: As an Associate, you will work on a team of real estate finance and development professionals on projects crucial to implementing New York City’s economic development goals. The Associate will perform financial analysis and manage multiple real estate development transactions under the supervision of senior staff.
- Administer multiple real estate and/or economic development transactions
- Assist in negotiating contracts of sale, leases, and funding agreements
- Build and maintain detailed financial models of major New York City development projects
- Prepare site development and project feasibility analyses
- Draft requests for proposals
- Analyze and present findings and recommendations to project teams and senior staff in written and verbal form and brief senior officials of NYCEDC and other City agencies on the project status
- Conduct presentations to elected officials, community stakeholders, NYCEDC Board of Trustees
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments in NYCEDC, such as Legal, Planning, Government & Community Relations and Development
- Foster and manage relationships with real estate developers, attorneys, urban planners, consultants, elected officials and community stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate development, public policy, urban planning, finance or law required, Graduate Degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in urban planning, real estate banking, real estate development, finance, and/or public policy required
- Familiarity and experience with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion
- Proven strength in the use of spreadsheets, database and presentation applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of economic development issues and NYC Government preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.