Assistant Vice President, Contracts and Finance – NYC Ferry Division
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The NYC Ferry Division oversees the implementation and operation of NYC Ferry along with a suite of ferry assets and projects including public and private ferry operations, landing infrastructure, and vessels.
As a member of the NYC Ferry Division, you will report to the Executive Director and will have a Contract Manager who reports to you. You will be responsible for oversight for all matters related to contracts and finance for NYC Ferry.
On contract matters, you will oversee the agreement between NYCEDC and the operator of NYC Ferry, and numerous other contracts that NYCEDC holds for ferry-related services. Aside from managing the current agreements, you will also be the lead for negotiating future contract related to ferry services. The future of these agreements will be the structural basis for the public-private partnership providing transit services to New Yorkers.
You will also lead development, oversight and reforecasting of the annual operating budget for NYC Ferry. The operating budget includes payments for ferry services, reconciliation with ridership revenue, contingency and emergency expenses and all other aspects of NYC Ferry.
The Contract Manager is a Senior Associate who oversees the day-to-day implementation of the ferry operating agreement to support your role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the contractual relationship between NYCEDC and the operator of NYC Ferry;
- Develop strategies to align contracts and goals for NYCEDC and NYC Ferry;
- Play a lead role negotiating future ferry agreements;
- Develop and reforecast the annual NYCEDC operating budget for NYC Ferry;
- Build and maintain detailed financial models for spending on NYC Ferry, and
- Manage an incumbent senior associate who currently manages the day-to-day aspects of contracts related to NYC Ferry.
- At least 5 years professional experience in finance, contract management, negotiations, budget development/oversight, or related work;
- A Masters’ degree or equivalent in business, public administration, public policy, law or related field;
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing an operating or capital budget;
- Demonstrated experience taking part in large negotiations and/or contract development;
- Experience working with operating entities such as transit agencies, maritime companies, fleet managers, trucking/transportation companies, or other related operations;
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and verbal abilities
- Certifications in contract administration or related field preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- New York City resident (required within 180 days of hire)
NYCEDC’s Asset Management Revenue (AMR) Department manages the overall strategy for conventional and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City including commercial real estate properties as well as transportation, critical infrastructure, and energy assets. The NYC Ferry Division exists within the AMR Department.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the City of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees’ talents. NYCEDC employees work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive team where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected, and have an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401 (a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, and discounted gym memberships and movie tickets.