Assistant Vice President- Diversity, Inclusion and Social Responsibility
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs through strategic and transformative real estate developments.
The Diversity & Inclusion Team within our Human Resources department at NYCEDC is a strategic partner which guides the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan focused on embedding effective diversity, equity and inclusion practices for the organization.
Your Role: The AVP for Diversity, Inclusion and Social Responsibility is a part of our Diversity & Inclusion practice with a focus on building the capacity of the D&I practice within the Human Resources Department. The AVP will oversee the creation and implementation of the organization’s social responsibility objectives
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to support the Diversity, Inclusion and Social Responsibility plan
- Assist in developing multi-year diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategic plans
- Help define Inclusion & Diversity project deliverables and then assist in executing initiatives from inception to delivery and finalization
- Contribute to the evolution of the D&I strategy in the region with thought leadership and practical application
- Provide overall direction for CSR strategic initiatives.
- Oversee chairs of volunteer CSR councils.
- Partner with SVP on the launch of internal Equity Council and assist with equity council strategy.
- Be responsible for developing, managing and revising social responsibility policies.
- Partner with the marketing department to develop branding strategies.
- Develop and maintain CSR training and awareness program for various stakeholders.
- Developing fully integrated marketing and communications strategy, action plan, timeline and budget for select CSR pillars and programs.
- Work closely with all members of the HR team to foster a collaborative environment that generates targeted and impactful insights, and innovative ideas and opportunities for NYCEDC.
- Other duties as assigned.