Office Services Supervisor - Administrative Services
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Office Services supervisor is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Mailroom, Copy Room, and Reception team. This position requires attention to detail and a level of sensitivity to urgent matters. The position also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, coordination, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external clients and vendors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set schedules for the team to ensure all shifts are covered.
- Manages the Office Aide staff including: determining workload, delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance
- Coordinates and assigns the Track-it work orders and ensures that they are being closed daily.
- Performs general departmental office support duties including processing mail, photocopying, scanning, maintaining departmental files and records.
- Manages all outside messenger, courier, and private courier services. This includes record keeping and invoice payment request preparation.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all mail room and copy room equipment (e.g. Pitney Bowes Postage Machine, Arrival software and hardware, all copiers, and binding equipment) and assists in the procurement process of such equipment.
- Distributes, maintains, and re-stocks the supply closet inventory. Coordinates with the purchasing team with the ordering of supplies.
- Tracks and provides monthly reporting for mailroom and copy room systems (e.g. Arrival, Pitney Bowes postage, Track-it work orders).
- Assists in analyzing and standardizes various office services processes and procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Ensures that all City government and NYCEDC policies/procedures are adhered to
- Provides administrative and logistical support to department staff
- Provides support to the Facilities team
- Anticipates and resolves problems as they arise
- Adapts well to changing priorities and circumstances
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years of administrative and supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in promoting innovation in management and in learning new computer tools
- NYS Driver’s License
- Ability to work in a team environment
- NYC residency within 180 days of hire
About NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.