Intern (Spring) - Human Resources
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The NYCEDC Human Resources Department supports and enables the organization in delivering on growing good jobs and strengthening neighborhoods by creating and supporting an aligned and engaged workforce.
Your Role: The HR Intern will be responsible for providing support in the daily operations of the Human Resources Department.
Note: This internship is a paid opportunity, college credit is not offered.
- Provide general office support to the Human Resources department
- Provide front desk and phone coverage for the HR area
- Update various HR systems and department/company documents
- Respond to all staff inquiries in a timely matter
- Generate reports as needed
- Assist in various project work related ongoing programs and projects
- Research HR matters, as requested
- Create HR packets for orientation, exit meetings, manager meetings, etc.
- Maintain employee records and files electronically and manually
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Coursework in Human Resources function or past experience in Human Resources is required
- Strong interest in a career in Human Resources
- Availability to work at least 3 days / 21 hours per week for the duration of the Spring Semester of 2019 is required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with strong skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor