Project Manager, Funding Agreements
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Project Manager ("PM") is responsible for actively managing and completing a portfolio of funding agreement projects. The PM works with a wide range of internal and external partners to develop workable project scopes, obtain City approvals, and monitor project implementation. The position requires external communication with non-profit clients regarding their financial and political condition, so the PM must tactfully handle sensitive subjects to advance their projects. The ability to skillfully communicate is paramount in a variety of forums to clients and various stakeholders. The PM is responsible for managing project documentation and understanding and monitoring the financial progress of a project through its financing and requisitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage a large portfolio of funding agreement projects at various stages of completion by coordinating the work of funding recipients, attorneys, multiple funding sources (such as banks), City agencies, etc.
- Work with funding recipients to access in-house and external resources, effectively navigate governmental processes, and adhere to detailed standards.
- Communicate with funding recipients and internal clients in a clear, consistent, tactful way that takes into account unique political circumstances and other relevant information like financial and staff capacity.
- Accurately manage the associated paperwork and administrative tasks, which include maintaining scrupulous project records, analyzing project deliverables, and reviewing requisition and funding documents and other pertinent project information.
- Develop and apply relevant skills in financial analysis and contract review.
- Suggest new tools and streamline existing processes to implement projects more effectively.
- Assist with annual reporting and other departmental duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Proactive, collaborative, and strategic mindset
- Demonstrated quantitative skills, particularly using Excel
- Understanding of New York City's communities and political landscape
- NYC residency required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.