Senior Field Operations Manager - Asset Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Senior Field Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing the field operations of two City-wide program services: Graffiti Free NYC and CleaNYC as part of the NYCEDC Quality of program. The Field Manager will enforce the programs strategic priorities and assist in fostering goodwill throughout communities in the five borough of NYC.
Graffiti-Free NYC: Uses customized vehicles with power washers and paint sprayers to clean graffiti throughout the City. At full capacity, the program operates 24 trucks and has a staff of 53 members. The hours of operation are 4am – 3pm.
CleaNYC: Is a recently launched City-wide sidewalk cleaning service addressing commercial and industrial corridors City-wide. CleaNYC Operates (14) customized high pressure surface cleaning vehicles with a staff of approximately 32 workers. The hours of operations are 12am – 8am.
The programs operate out of a base in Brooklyn and a base in the Bronx. A NYCEDC vehicle is provided for transportation between work sites.
The general hours of the position are 4am – 12pm with the required flexibility to work overtime and to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the programs and to supervise Assistant Field Managers.
NYCEDC currently partners with The Doe Fund to employ the workers who perform graffiti removal and operate the equipment to clean sidewalks. The crew employed in the programs are part of a workforce development program. The crew are hired with varied backgrounds including formerly homeless, formerly incarcerated and former substance abusers.
- Manage operations of Graffiti-Free NYC and CleaNYC including productivity, efficiency and quality of work.
- Serve in the leadership capacity of both programs in creating a positive work environment, ensuring accountability, cultivating a strong work ethic while also supporting development of crew.
- Ensure crews and supervisors are following appropriate program policies and procedures.
- Balance the needs of operational effectiveness and efficiency while working with crew members who require coaching, training and direct communication.
- Experience mentoring staff.
- Manage personnel issues and resolve conflict. Work with The Doe Fund on disciplinary processes. Support hiring and promotion decisions.
- Track and report on special requests as directed by EDC.
- Supervise Field Managers daily activities and performance.
- Ensure that supervisors are overseeing work crews’ delivery of services.
- Ensure that information gathered in the field is accurate. Conduct quality control checks and audit information.
- Oversee the implementation of digital tools such as a work order management system.
- Provide regular reports on operations. Synthesize information from various sources to report data metrics.
- Manage supply purchases and inventory. Streamline inventory management.
- Oversee maintenance and repair work on fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Provide staff training on program operational protocols.Respond 24/7 to EDC and Quality of Life Department program services requests and special project assignments.
- Assist with coordination of public and media events to showcase the programs.
- Assist in coordination, dispatch and supervision of crews during snow storms. Perform snow removal services to assigned EDC managed properties as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience managing a crew of over 30 workers. Experience in training staff and ensuring high quality performance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing operations of a company or program with concrete deliverables and consistent operational changes which affect daily management
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of varied information
- Strong time management skills and focus
- Ability to manage projects against tight timeline schedules
- Ability to set priorities
- Experience implementing new systems and policies
- Experience drafting basic reports and effectively presenting information
- Fluency in data collection and management, web-based tools, digital routing and vehicle tracking systems
- Experience synthesizing information and identifying patterns
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort working with underserved populations as well as high level NYCEDC employees
- Positive attitude, patience, strong leadership skills
- Experience managing personnel issues, disciplinary processes and supporting staff
- Effective delegation of work and follow-up
- Ability to interface with the public and government officials on a professional level
- Intermediate mechanical knowledge
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Operate out of multiples program bases in NYC
- Valid NYC Driver’s License with minimum 5 years driving experience
- Pass a driving test
- Geographical knowledge of NYC
- Flexibility to work overtime and to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the programs
- Fluency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- NYC residency within 180 days of hire
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English
- Associate’s Degree
- Extensive technical knowledge in machinery and equipment repair
- Experience in working with underserved populations such as formerly homeless, incarcerated or substance abusers
About NYCEDC: New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC’s mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City’s competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City’s many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.