Operations Coordinator, Research Data ServicesJob ID #232
Operations Coordinator, Research Data Services
About this role…
As a Research Data Services Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting operations for data requests, premium report ordering and delivery, continuous improvement initiatives, and ongoing work for the Research Data Services team. In addition, you will be responsible for triaging, prioritizing and assigning work; managing and improving existing work-flows; occasional project administration; and other work as assigned. This position is located at our Portland, OR. headquarters.
Your next challenge…
Serving as an integral team member of the Research Data Services team, you will have influence and input across all Research teams by maintaining data security standards and practices (Information Security compliance), proper reporting, and record-keeping. You will work closely with team staff to facilitate successful completion and delivery of data requests and premium reports through the use of Salesforce and JIRA and may perform quality assurance as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the data request work flow through triaging of requests, assisting the team set priorities, and facilitate delivery of files and reports
- Manage the premium reports work flow including establishing target due dates, communication with account managers and accounts, and delivery of reports to partners(customers)
- Maintain documentation
- Provide status reports on premium reports metrics
- Provide status reports on data request metrics
- Lead the development of quality assurance procedures and policies for transferring and storing data
- Monitor QA policies and procedures to ensure that they are in compliance with NWEA’s Information Security standards
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and organization
Traits for Success…
- Excellent planner and organizer
- Competent in developing, facilitating, and maintaining of interpersonal relationships
- Strong leadership skills to successfully manage and facilitate tasks to completion
- Thorough understanding of processes and timelines
- Exceptional skills in collaborating with customers and staff in developing and finalizing requests
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and recommend improvements
- Ability to identify barriers to progress and propose solutions
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and 4 years’ experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 3 years’ professional experience in a similar capacity or demonstrated experience working with reports, data files, and customer service
- Familiarity with JIRA and Salesforce desired
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website.