Automation Engineer - AFS
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer with extensive experience in automation development, strategic, and testing skills to be part of our dynamic and growing AFS Team.
As a Automation Engineer, you will be:
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing; enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that the code developed is testable - are the logs sufficient, should any test hooks be built into the code, is there enough debug information available in case of failure, etc…
- Analyzing failures and determining root cause, filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
- Knowledge of OOPs concepts and application in writing the test frameworks.
- Experience in developing automated tests using Python programming.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience in using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V are preferred.
- Familiar with file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
- 5+ years of experience in QA and automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related stream
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.