Event Registration Specialist (Contractor)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Job Title:Event Registration Specialist
Location: San Jose, CA
The Event Registration Specialist will manage the registration functions for the global Nutanix .NEXT user conferences. Daily responsibilities include serving as a conference registration expert, working closely to support the registration, promotions, and event logistics functions. The ideal candidate will have exceptional project management skills, excellent interpersonal and clear written communication skills. This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
Provide event registration support for .NEXT Conference with primary responsibility for the following areas:
- Collaborate and work seamlessly within a team to manage registration process for events ranging from 2500 to 8000 attendees
- Manage vendors to meet housing needs and comply with contract agreements
- Determine scope of event registration per event requirements, provide guidance and recommendations in functionality, structure, and flow of event websites and registration forms; work closely with web team to implement
- Identify and implement ongoing improvements on existing registration processes and procedures
- Communicate effectively and timely between internal teams, attendees, and vendors via phone and email to meet registration objectives
- Source giveaways and provide creative input for company store merchandise
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in marketing or event marketing. Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
- Understands pivot tables and other advanced Excel formulas
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
- A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Analytical and results orientated
- Self-starter with excellent execution track record
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, working within agreed deadlines and budgets
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.