Data Center Operations Manager
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016 & 2018,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers or @Nutanix and Instagram: @NutanixCareers or @Nutanix
Data Center Operations Manager
We are looking for a leader with a hands-on technical acumen and architectural expertise in Cloud Data Center Infrastructure such as compute, storage, data center and wide area networking. The Data-Center Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for building, developing, and operating the data centers that power the Nutanix Xi Cloud Platform worldwide. You must have a proven track record and experience with building and supporting large public facing data-center infrastructure that powers SaaS, PaaS or IaaS services. You have to be passionate about building, maintaining, and developing a great team, environment, and successful global DC and NOC.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build, maintain, and operate DC infrastructure and operations processes to ensure high availability, superior performance, and 24x7 support.
- Build and grow a global team of DC and network operations engineers.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, encouraging, coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team-work
- Ensure all technical procedures such as installation, configuration, runbooks etc. are documented and updated.
- Automation of infrastructure services and system administration tasks
- Implement and maintain a monitoring platform to address the operational issues for all customer facing assets.
- Partner with engineering teams and rest of operations teams to ensure smooth deployment and upgrade of software and datacenter services
- Manage vendors contracts, ecosystem partner contracts etc. and co-develop capacity and expansion plans
- 5+ years in data-center and Cloud operations (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS) running complex global data-center infrastructure spanning multiple global data centers.
- 5 years of overall infrastructure architecture & engineering in defining and developing high security, and high availability solutions.
- 5+ years of supervising global teams
- Running a service operations & data center delivery function
- Knowledge of DevOps & ITIL approaches and strategies
- Creating and operating a NOC to monitor and troubleshoot a production network and datacenter infrastructure
- Maintaining vendor and contracts management, hardware, software procurement, and budgeting
- Developing automation for provisioning of hosts and/or network devices.
- Demonstrating ability to prioritize tasks or projects to align with the strategic objectives and with business goals, assign recurring tasks and to utilize metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
Required Technical & Architectural Experience and Skills:
- Developing and deploying DC monitoring tools.
- Experience with Hypervisors such as ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V
- Hands on Linux and/or Windows administration experience
- Supporting core Infrastructure computing services such as Domain Controllers, Virtualization, Storage, Backup/Recovery, Data Security, Data Replication & monitoring.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, SSL, application load-balancing and understanding of networking specifications.
- Containerization concepts, experience with clustering and scheduling suites such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DCOS
- Knowledge of applications, databases, and operating systems
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.