Member of Technical Staff - Acropolis
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Nutanix Acropolis is an operating system of the Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructure platform. It contains a number of data services and features for data protection, space efficiency, scalability, automated data tiering and security. Acropolis comes with its own built-in hypervisor called AHV; the name was derived from the words Acropolis Hypervisor."
- Design and develop management software for the Nutanix distributed cluster/ Acropolis Technology of Nutanix
- Understand the whole stack of hardware and its interaction with software and implement software that governs, monitors, and takes action on anomalies in the system.
- Implement reliable software management infrastructure for clusters that scale out to hundreds of hosts.
- Work on making the Nutanix software stack highly reliable and performant via OS level tuning and configuration.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Hypervisors, Hyper-V, KVM & ESXi is an added advantage.
- Collaborate with the geo-distributed team to own and deliver projects end-to-end with high quality and predictability
- Love of programming
- Good programming skills, ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s and Master’s (preferred) in Computer Science
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Python or C++or C
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.