Full Stack Engineer- (Returnship)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
What is a Returnship?
Nutanix is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program at Nutanix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Full Stack Engineer- (Returnship)
- Full stack development with Node.js/Express.js/Sails.js, with front end work (jQuery, Backbone.js/Angular.js, React.js, CSS3,HTML5)
- RESTFUL API Development
- Maintain and improve portals and web applications
- Analyzing and fixing current production issues
- Diagnose functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Confirmed top-notch skills with Node.js, jQuery, Backbone.js, Angular.js, Sails.js or Express.js
- Experience developing responsive web applications that work well across multiple devices
- Fluency with CSS and a stylesheet language like LESS or SASS
- Experience with NoSQL database like MongoDB is desirable
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and S3 as well as Heroku is a real plus
- Experience with mobile UI/mobile development is a real plus
- Experience with Selenium and/or other web-based automation tools
- Strong web application technology experience
- Will consider full-stack Python candidates if exceptional
- The ability to build relationships, influence key decision-makers, and collaborate on a multi-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience
- Effective communicator that works well in a collaborative team setting
- Strong teammate who breaks down silos and works effectively with teams and partners to establish and accomplish business objectives.
- Extraordinary ability to gather organize and evaluate any information or data needed as guidance from partners and development team to figure out requirements and specifications.
- Can do attitude.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced and continually evolving environment
- Creative problem solver who can think beyond status quo
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.