Sr. Systems Engineer Belgium - Non-Profit
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Our Systems Engineering team needs more resources.
As a company we're growing at an exponential rate; be a part of it!
You understand that in today’s world innovation comes completely through software. You also understand the IT world is changing from an infrastructure centric to an application centric approach You want to be part of the success of our ground-breaking and disruptive technology
If you still think Nutanix as a storage vendor, move on, nothing to see here.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you are a customer-focused technical sales engineer that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance for our most strategic customers.
You will help our customers transform their businesses as a trusted advisor, leveraging your knowledge on Virtualization, Private and Hybrid Cloud, VDI, Enterprise applications architecture, deployment and life cycle management, Database and Big Data, Server Virtualization, Containers, virtual networking and security….
To understand your customer’s technology choices better, it will benefit you to have experience in software development, scripting, maybe you have worked as a DBA at some point in your career?
Our SE team collaborates with Nutanix sales, engineering and product management teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner enablement for selected channel partners in defined territory. For example regular product and solution updates, customized workshops, SE shadowing program, and any other required tasks to enable the partner to perform independent pre-sales work for small-to-medium size opportunities.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of Nutanix road shows and partner events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities, both directly with the customer and through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical support staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as our customers’ advocate towards Product Management for new feature requests and product roadmap plans, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role
- High technical proficiency with virtualization technologies, datacenter consolidation, application and orchestration technologies is mandatory
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success
- Team player with strong drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, prioritize and execute detailed action plans
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.