Senior Software Defined Networking (SDN) Engineer
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Nutanix engineers use distributed systems to solve datacenter infrastructure problems, to offer consumers the same scalability and economics that cloud infrastructure providers enjoy with commodity hardware. We began by building a distributed storage service with enterprise-grade features and consumer-grade user interface. Building on the same foundation, we created a distributed VM management service, and maintain our own distribution of KVM. After virtualizing storage and compute, we started focusing on the remaining frontier: networking. We've introduced a few features in this area, and now we want to expand the team and take on the next set of challenges.
We’re looking for senior engineers that know how to build scalable distributed solutions, and keep them up and running by managing complexity and fault domains. Ideally, candidates should have experience with both developing and deploying SDN management and control plane software. Experience or familiarity with relevant open source projects in this area (e.g., Neutron, OVN, OVS, Quagga, Snabb, &c.) would be very helpful. We are also highly interested in candidates that have expertise in routing protocols and VPN technology.
- Design, develop, and deploy a cloud-scale SDN solution.
- Work on complex distributed systems.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, test engineers, and product management.
- Evaluate and improve performance, scalability, and resilience.
- Engage with customers and support to solve production issues.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in the networking/SDN domain
- Fluency in C and Python.
- Extremely strong systems programming and design skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools.
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms, particularly qemu/KVM.
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services.
- Experience developing and deploying SDN solutions at scale.
- Experience developing and deploying VPN solutions.
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN, GRE, Geneve).
- Familiarity with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS).
- Familiarity or involvement with open source SDN projects.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.