Visual Designer (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Title: Visual Designer (Contract)
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
The design team is seeking a strong Visual Designer for our San Jose office. We are looking for someone with a passion for aesthetics and simplicity, whose portfolio demonstrates strong design skills.
This role is responsible for up-levelling visual design across our product teams. S/he must have extensive knowledge and experience in visual design with proven experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment. This role requires strong communication skills as it will collaborate with PM, UI devs and other designers.
The candidate must drive creative thinking methodologies to help shape our products. Have experience with iconography, typography, color, space to visualize solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate is one who not only has a deep understanding of design industry trends but an individual that can help our products to be beautiful and accessible.
The position requires a systems thinker that can find patterns and abstract them to serve a multitude of products. The role of a Visual Designer will rely on applying user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution and drive delightful experiences for our customers. The candidate must have a highly refined design aesthetic and ability to work within Nutanix product guidelines.
The perfect candidate will:
● Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for Nutanix Products
● Communicate the value and functionality of Nutanix in design, icons, typography, color, an illustration
● Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
● Create and manage asset libraries for reusable design and drive UI component creation
● Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for the product, as well as working with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus Candidate qualifications:
● Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, marketing design, and idea generation
● Experienced problem solver, requires very little guidance on projects, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
● Demonstrated experience working with a design system; From defining standards, maintenance, and consumption of it across teams
● Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
● Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
● Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion, but also skilled in multiple disciplines across Nutanix design
● Great communication skills
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.