Member of Technical Staff - Automation (Prism)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
The MTS-QA is responsible for delivery of high quality products/features. This includes working in an Agile Team environment developing and executing on a strategy to ensure the group's products meet all internal and external requirements before reaching customers.
- Develop high level test strategies based on feature definition including the strategies for both automated testing (incorporating component, functional, negative, security, regression, and end-to-end testing) and manual exploratory testing
- Works closely with development team to ensure that code developed is testable, build any test hooks if required and to arrive at project schedules and resource allocation models for successful delivery.
- Analyzing failures and resolving root cause, setting the expectations of the solution/behaviour based on the requirements.
- Filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure.
- Handle the triage, prioritization, resolution, automation, and delivery of fixes for defects, including production defects
- Runs the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates and develop meaningful metrics to measure the success of the QA Automation Team
- Define and evangelize test automation standard methodologies and designs, define and document test automation principles, standards, and standard methodologies, including test driven development
- Conduct day-to-day partner communications. Build credibility, authority and trust. Promote transparency. Handle expectations and work within the Agile framework. Represent the team effectively by keeping things realistic. Avoid slippage. Mitigate risk and propose course changes to deliver against dedications.
- Recruit and train the QA team.
- Minimum 4 years of quality assurance experience including expertise with automation testing in SDLC Agile environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in any of the languages like Java, PERL, Python and good knowledge of test automation using Selenium is essential.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM or Xen Server.
- Experience in Web based Network and/or Datacenter Management, DevOps software testing, rest API testing, Web Services testing etc.
- Shown experience in handling the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions and software quality assurance methodologies
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Previous Scrum Master experience, Agile Project Methodology expertise
- Ability to run changing priorities in a dynamic environment, help the organization pivot when necessary and propose and execute process improvement opportunities.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.